"What a company does, how it differentiates itself in the marketplace, can all be expressed in terms of a process." – Krista Sumitt, IBM Impact Blog
A Proven Process Is Key
“When something goes wrong, it’s either because there is too much process, too little process or the wrong process. Likewise, when something goes right, it’s because the right resources (people or systems) were engaged at the right time. What dictates that . . . is a process.” – Krista Sumitt, IBM Impact Blog
The ProAppoach Way
Staffing and recruiting firms can look very much alike. Some claim to be different. Well, what we know is – who we are, what we do, and how we do it.
Our processes are anchored in our core values and designed to complete our mission – to deliver the best possible experience with PSG and exceed expectations.
We call that the ProApproach™. Inherent in the ProApproach is accountability. We consistently track activities and measure results. That means our claims are statistically verifiable.
Our Team Model sets PSG Apart from Traditional Staffing Firms
Abandoning traditional staffing firm models, PSG created the ProApproach Recruitment Model for Temp, Temp-to-Hire, Direct Hire and High Volume needs. It starts with having the right people on the Team.
- PSG Specialty Recruiters are HR professionals with a thorough knowledge of the local labor market.
- Two Specialty Recruiters are partnered to work in tandem in specialty areas in which they have expertise.
- Both Recruiters develop a comprehensive understanding of client’s needs and conduct candidate evaluations together.
- Sourcers are assigned to the Recruiters to handle social media and technology management, internet searches, job board and posting oversight, resume pre-screening, and all administrative duties associated with scheduling interviews, candidate and client follow up, keeping Recruiters free to work more closely with clients and qualified candidates.
- Activities are tracked daily and results measured using advanced analytics tools.
- PSG Directors review all open job orders weekly and support Recruiters as needed to ensure PSG delivers on its mission – to create the best experience possible and exceed expectations of both candidates and clients.
Recruitment, Hiring & Placement Process for Temp & Temp-to-Hire
- PSG Sourcers and Specialty Recruiters are daily engaged with recruiting candidates in our specialty areas.
- PSG website and advanced applicant tracking technology are fully integrated with many levels of social media and internet recruiting ensuring constant candidate flow seamlessly into the applicant tracking system.
- Before being submitted to the job, candidate/resumes are pre-screened for basic skills and experience.
- Candidates are phone screened before in-house interviews are scheduled.
- A behavioral based in-house interview is conducted with a Specialty Recruiter and often another PSG Team member depending on skill set, experience level and job requirements.
- All Temp/Temp-to-Hire applicants are further assessed using comprehensive on-line testing tools where test results are sent directly into candidate electronic record for later report to the Client.
- If approved for Client Submission, Candidates complete the PSG on-line Pre-Hire Forms and Orientation process to ensure proper compliance:
- Employment application
- Drug consent
- Background check release
- EEO notice
- References request
- Read & sign PSG Employee Handbook
- Read & sign PSG Values & Expectations
- PSG conducts E-Verify and reference checks.
- Background checks or drug tests are performed as required.
- For lengthy Temp assignments or Temp-to-Hire placements, a Candidate Summary (Client Submission) is prepared which includes the resume document and/or video if desired along with recruiters’ insights (information or discernments gained, not self-evident on the resume).
- Before interviews with Clients and/or going on assignment, Temp or Temp-to-Hire employees go through individual or group orientation which includes a review about the client company, work culture, special rules, and any particulars for assignment.
- Email notices are sent with assignment details, arrival times, contact information, and maps to work sites.
- Assignment confirmations are sent to the Client with start dates, arrival times and bill rates.
- Performance checks are made with the Client and the PSG employee/Candidate throughout the assignment.
- If the Client elects to terminate the PSG employee, all processes are handled by the PSG Specialty Recruiter, including on-site exit interviews.
Candidate Evaluation for Direct Hire & Mid Level Search Placements
In today’s recruiting world, candidate evaluation may be as valued if not more than the search process itself.
While the hunt is still time consuming and costly, technology has allowed many employers access to more candidates through their own efforts. But sometimes “more” is too much when it comes to drilling through responses and identifying qualified folks.
We find, filter, and evaluate so you only spend time with qualified candidates.
- Conduct searches in PSG database, subscribed job boards, professional recruiter networks, and multiple social media outlets.
- Submit first round of resumes to job openings.
- Conduct first round resume review.
- Conduct phone interview for pre-screening.
- Schedule individual interviews for one or both Specialty Recruiters assigned to account.
- Conduct behavioral interview based on job description or project scope.
- Obtain and check professional references and/or verify education as required.
- Administer skills Assessments and submit results with Candidate Presentation.
- Conduct background, credit checks and drug tests when required.
- Schedule Client interviews on-site or off-site as requested.
- Engage Client and Candidate for post interview feedback.
- Provide assistance with offer negotiations.
- Offer assistance with travel arrangements and hospitality tours of area for relocation candidates.